(cod program: intern)
Istituto Europeo Florence Accredited by the Region of Tuscany (FI0738) as a Centre for Professional Training runs many programs and one of the most successful is the Internship Program. Istituto Europeo Internship Program gives students the opportunity to achieve beneficial work experience in their field of choice by interning in one of Florence’s businesses: studios, offices, modern industries, university research labs, fashion, architecture and many other fields. Students are able to gain knowledge of international business etiquette while working in Florence and studying Italian in a professional setting.
Students may choose to participate in the Internship Program for either 2 or 6 months. During the first month of the internship program, the interns will immediately begin their Italian language study (Italian language is not included in the internship cost, please see the costs) as well as learn how to apply their knowledge of the language in its natural setting. Interns will also be studying amongst other international students. During this month, students will meet and work with our Internship Coordinator to finalize the placement.
During the second month of the program, the interns will begin their internships in addition to continuing their language studies. At the end of the study period and internship, interns may earn a professional language certification from Istituto Europeo verifying their level of linguistic fluency in Italian. Due to specific intern requests, it is sometimes impossible for us to avoid conflicts between language class schedules and internship hours.
*Due to specific intern requests, it is sometimes impossible for us to avoid conflicts between language class schedules and internship hours.
Please read the experience of our testimonials:
- Achieve beneficial work experience interning in one of Florence’s businesses, studios, offices, or modern industries
- Gain knowledge of international business etiquette firsthand as you work in Florence
- Study Italian as you intern in a professional setting
- Valuable resume builder!
Istituto Europeo interns in Italy live in centrally-located apartments in their placement city. Apartments are shared with other Istituto Europeo interns and international students and feature shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. Interns have the opportunity to purchase groceries and prepare meals at home or walk to one of the nearby restaurants to sample some of the local cuisine. Depending on availability, other housing options may also be available for an additional fee.
Internships are available year-round, and each placement is customized for the participant. This means Istituto Europeo interns can choose when they would like to start their program, the duration of their internship and their desired field. Due to holidays, traditional vacation schedules, and seasonal work availability, there might be better times than others to intern in a specific location or in a specific field.
When you are ready to start planning your internship, contact us. Our experienced advisors will help you sort through any timing consideration unique to this internship in Florence Italy or your internship field.
Please wait until after you are accepted into the program and you have received the confirmed arrival and departure dates before you book your flight.
Internships are offered year round and begin on specific dates every month (see below). Application deadlines are 60 days prior to start date of the internship.
Jan. 8, Feb. 5, Mar. 5, Apr. 3, Apr. 30, May 28, June 25, July 23, Aug. 27, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 19
Jan. 7, Feb. 4, Mar. 4, Apr. 1, Apr. 29, June 3, July 1, July 29, Sept. 2, Sept. 30, Oct. 28, Nov. 25
- Internship placement opportunity in a Florentine business or organization
- Welcome orientation upon arrival
- English speaking representative and intern support services
- Various intern services and learning support services
- Free internet service during normal business hours
- Wireless connection (WI-FI Zone ie building)
- Mail service
- Worker’s compensation insurance (required for all internships in Italy)
- Registration Fee
- Intensive Italian language course
- Round-Trip airfare to Florence, Italy
- Visa expenses
- Housing and transportation
- Text books
- Language certification
- IE Transcript
- Personal expenses and meals
- Airport pick-up or drop-off (available upon request)
Istituto Europeo offers internships in Italy in the following fields:
- Accounting interns | work in accounting firms as well as in company accounting and finance departments to gain practical experience with financial reporting, account management, and a range of other responsibilities.
- Advertising/Marketing | interns work with creative teams in agencies as well as company advertising departments, learning about local and global markets as well as business strategy.
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture | interns work in architectural firms and assist professionals with a wide range of projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Artistic gymnastics | (techniques and methods of training)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Intelligence
- Coaching and Sports Management | interns help with marketing and promotion efforts, plan events, and manage facilities for athletic teams as well as learn about the business side of sports.
- Communications (Radio, TV, and Film) | interns design websites, plan marketing campaigns, organize publicity events, write press releases, or develop and implement communications strategies.
- Concert and Event Coordination
- Criminal Justice | interns work with local law enforcement agencies and security departments gaining experience in law enforcement and legal services.
- Culinary Arts | interns work side by side with professionals in the kitchens of fine restaurants, gaining firsthand experience with the culture and cuisine of their host country.
- Cultural Management
- Digital Public Relations
- Education | interns assist local educators in primary and secondary schools and other institutions to promote learning in the classroom and in the local community.
- Electrical Engineering | interns work on public and private projects in a range of fields learning how to create effective, real-world solutions that benefit society.
- Environmental Conservation | interns work on a wide range of projects to protect habitats, study soil, air and water quality, define environmental policies, and promote conservation through community education.
- Event Management | interns work with professional coordinators to plan and manage events ranging from weddings and celebrations to festivals, conferences, concerts, and exhibitions.
- Fashion merchandising internship in Florence Italy | Have you ever dreamt of being a fashion merchandiser in a young go-getting company in one of the most ancient and romantic cities of Italy? Florence, cradle of the Renaissance. Istituto Europeo can offer you an internship in one of these fashion merchandising companies based in Florence. You will learn how to buy the major Italian fashion brands such as Valentino, Versace, Prada…and sell abroad. How to approach new clients and manage them and many other secrets of this job. As well as Opportunities of traveling through Italy and Europe and being hired.
- Finance and administration | interns work in banks and in company finance departments assisting with research, financial analysis, reporting, preparation of financial documents, and administration.
- Graphic Design
- Green Energy
- Handicraft Apprenticeship (Leather, Ceramics, Pottery, Ironwork)
- Health Care
- Hospitality (Hotel and Restaurant Management and Tourism) | interns assist management and work in reception, marketing, and communications in internationally-recognized hotels and resorts.
- Human Resources | interns assist professionals in human resources departments with reporting and evaluations, interviewing, orientations, record-keeping, and other administrative tasks.
- Information Technology | interns work in technology companies and in the IT departments of corporations on various projects and initiatives such as network management, hardware and software support, systems management, and new technology implementations.
- Interior Design | interns assist design professionals in architecture and design firms as well as in property and construction companies by researching materials and products, working with suppliers, gathering spatial and other site information, preparing presentations for clients, and a number of other activities.
- International Business | interns are placed in a range of businesses spanning a wide array of industries with both local and global markets.
- International Education Advising
- International Public Relations | interns work for organizations engaged with issues of global importance, such as human rights, globalization, humanitarian action, and international economic development; they gain experience with research, grants, reporting, and policy.
- Journalism interns | work with journalists to liaise with the public and research stories, write articles, and/or report on local events for magazines, newspapers, or other print or digital media companies.
- Law | interns work in law firms and corporations, researching and preparing briefs, summarizing court documents, organizing files, and reviewing client documents.
- Marketing | interns work in advertising agencies or in the marketing departments of a wide variety of companies, planning and managing campaigns, analyzing market information, assisting with websites and social media, and interfacing with clients.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media Studies | interns work at radio and television stations, film production companies, newspapers, magazines, advertising or public relations agencies, and other print or digital media companies gaining professional experience in a wide range of job duties and picking up a host of valuable practical skills.
- Museum and Cultural Management | interns work with professionals in museums and at historical sites, gaining hands-on experience in a variety of activities, such as research, curation, archiving, analysis, restoration, and administration.
- Natural stones inlaid work (Florentine Mosaics)
- Nonprofit Management | interns may prepare and write grants, research and report on issues, engage with supporters, or assist with promotions for fundraising or community outreach events.
- Nutrition | interns assist health and nutrition professionals with activities that may include campaigns to promote proper diets, food preparation, market research, and food safety.
- Opera Production Management
- Performing Arts | interns may assist actors, stage managers, directors, stage crew, front of house staff or back-office management with the preparation, management, and promotion of drama, music, or dance productions.
- Physical Therapy | interns work in the offices of physical therapists and sports trainers, learning about patient care as well as the business and administrative aspects of their field.
- Public Health | interns work with public health officials in government agencies and nonprofit organizations on projects focused on disease and injury prevention, assessment of community health requirements, addressing environmental challenges, and creating public policy.
- Project Management
- Public Relations | interns work in PR agencies or in company PR departments learning about strategic communication, brand management, and market perceptions.
- Quality control
- Social Media | intern for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience. Responsibilities:Contribute to social projects in various ways – Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks – Online outreach and promotion using most common Socials – Social media optimization
- Social Work | interns work with nonprofit or government organizations, aiding individual clients and assisting with community outreach initiatives and public health and safety programs.
- Sports Management
- Stage Management
- Study Abroad Office
- Sustainable Architecture Internship in Italy | You will be part of a Hands on Learning process that will give you full access to the design process from start to finish. You will be work in a team environment and be fully engaged in the design process from initial design meetings as well as seeing those designs built. Your primary goal will be to create attractive, affordable, and comfortable buildings that do not harm the environment, either during their construction or their lifetime. You win by working hard, making tough decisions and building coalitions.
- Urban Planning | interns work in governmental agencies or businesses assisting with projects related to growth and capacity, community building, and urban revitalization.
- Veterinary Sciences | interns assist veterinarians as they work with domestic livestock or exotic animals, gaining experience with the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of animals and learning how these professionals engage with the local community.
- Visual Arts | interns work in galleries and museums planning and maintaining exhibits, creating and distributing publicity materials, coordinating special events, communicating with artists, and organizing art auctions.
- Web and Graphic Design | interns work with creative professionals in design firms, marketing agencies, or the design departments of larger companies to create marketing materials, web pages, logos, and other visuals for corporate clients.
- Wine Industry | interns work in vineyards and wine companies, assisting with a variety of activities ranging from production to marketing while gaining an appreciation for the wine and culture of that particular region of the world.
- Youth Development | interns assist experienced educators with projects such as creating and implementing workshops, coaching sports teams, coordinating youth plays, and planning family night activities.
Florence is an elegant and stunning city overflowing with cultural events and activities for anyone to embrace. There is never a dull moment in Florence because you can enjoy anything from theatrical venues and art galleries to Tuscan cuisine and shopping boutiques. Getting to know the locals is immensely enjoyable whether you are at a local market buying fresh produce or asking them for directions.
Florence is also a short train ride away from Rome, Milan, Naples, and Venice. You can also hop on a train or plane and explore many European cities such as: Madrid, Prague, London, Paris, Vienna, and Munich just to name a few!