The course is intended to give an overview on the political, economic and social situation of the last decades in Italy:
• Fascism and Mussolini. The position of the Monarchy and dictatorship. –
• The post-war period: Italy between reconstruction and the beginning of The Cold War. Constitution and the Republic. –
• The 1950’s and the economic boom: emigration and social changes. The first centre-left and the 1960’s: evolution of the big parties, the Christian Democrats, the Communist Party and the Socialist Party. –
• Italy in the 1970’s and 1980’s: Terrorism, Mafia and economic crisis. –
• 1992 and the big changes: transformation of the big parties, “Tangentopoli”, the new election law. The current political situation.
All the supplementary, professional and cultural courses are reserved only for those who are enrolled in a language course.
The course must have a minimum of 3 students enrolled.